Cheaha State Park is a 2,799-acre state park in Alabama, located in northern Clay and southwestern Cleburne counties. Park facilities include a lodge, restaurant, general store, campsites, hiking trails, and other amenities. It is Alabama's oldest continuously operating state park.
The park was first opened to the public in 1933, after the state acquired the property. Although it was open, the first six years saw a joint effort by the state and the National Park System under the support of President Franklin D. Roosevelt that allowed for construction by the Civilian Conservation Corps of Cheaha Lake and its stone bath house, eleven stone cabins, two stone pavilions, Bunker Tower, and the Bald Rock Group Lodge. This first phase of construction was completed in 1939. A new hotel, restaurant, and five chalets were added in 1973. These facilities were restored and renovated in 1997