Built 1859. Reactivated (inactive 1978-1982, now privately operated); focal plane 83 ft (25 m); white light, on 7.5 s, off 5.5 s. 84 ft (25.5 m) round brick tower with lantern and gallery. The original 3° Fresnel lens remains in use. Lighthouse painted white, lantern black. Original 2-story wood keeper's house and 1881 assistant keeper's house are privately owned. Small museum in lighthouse base. A major restoration in 1981-82 saved the lighthouse, and a there was another significant renovation in 1997-98. In 2006, the exterior of the lighthouse was repaired and painted. Located on 146th Street at Lighthouse Avenue in Fenwick Island, a few feet from the Delaware-Maryland state line (Mason - Dixon Line).