A reproduction of a vintage post card shows Mount Royal Ave., Peggy Stuart Monument, Baltimore, Maryland. On Peggy Stewart Day, October 19, 1901, a monument to the Maryland soldiers who served in the War for Independence, erected in Mount Royal Plaza, was dedicated with appropriate ceremonies. The monument is of granite and, including the statue of the Goddess of Liberty which surmounts it, has a height of sixty feet and six inches. On each of the four sides of the pedestal is an inscription commemorating the achievements of the Marylanders in the Revolutionary War. One of these is the burning of the cargo of tea brought to Annapolis in the brig Peggy Stewart, on the 19th of October, 1774. A list of the battles in which the Maryland Line participated is also inscribed on the tablets. The monument was erected by the Maryland Society of the Sons of the American Revolution.
This item is of archival quality, high resolution, it has been retouched, recolored in areas, cropped and enhanced. This assures that your item will print with the highest quality possible. Because this is a vintage image, there may be slight imperfections.