Leer más ...
Un lindo, fresco, inconformista y diseño moderno de un efecto del teñido anudado del naranja, nectarina, pastel rosado, azul del trullo, gris, púrpura, rosa, modelo azteca abstracto de los Andes, con formas tribales geométricas, el triángulo, el cuadrado, formas de los remolinos y el modelo aztecas del galón sobre un fondo adaptable. ¡regalo perfecto para los entusiastas mayas de la civilización, el fashionista y el pionero de la moda!
A. O. Russell, Robert J. Morgan, James M. Armstrong and John F. Robinson Jr. formed a partnership and purchased from the proprietors of The Cincinnati Enquirer what was then known as the Enquirer Job Printing Rooms, which occupied the first and second stories of the building at 20 College Street in Cincinnati, Ohio. The firm commenced business as Russell, Morgan & Co., referring to the two printers in the partnership.
While on College Street, the firm printed theatrical and circus posters, placards and labels. By 1872, the business had increased so much, it was forced to seek larger quarters, and in November 1872, it moved into a new, four-story building on nearby Race Street in downtown Cincinnati.
Mr. Russell proposed to his partners that they embark upon the manufacture of playing cards, an industry monopolized by several East Coast companies. The partners agreed and arrangements were made to add two additional stories to their building, making it six stories high. Many new machines were designed and built expressly for Russell, Morgan & Co. The first deck of playing cards was completed on June 28, 1881. About 20 employees manufactured 1600 packs per day.