Rules and Regulations, US Army Fan Merch
Rules and Regulations
U.S. Army FanMerch
Use your creativity to create and submit original designs inspired by the U.S. Army. All images created for the official U.S. Army FanMerch must comply with the following rules which may be updated from time to time.
Here's how to get started:
- Submit your original artwork by using the FanMerch Design Tool located at: www.zazzle.com/usarmyshop/getstarted
- Do not design any products outside of those listed at: www.zazzle.com/usarmyshop/getstarted; If you create any product outside of this list, they will be removed from the marketplace.
- Tag your products with "USARMYFANMERCH"
- Set your Royalty Rate at 10%
- Please Note: Royalty Rates will be re-set to 10% if they are found to be above the allowable rate for FanMerch.
- U.S. Army official marks will not be made available for download. Active military may use assets available to them, and additional submissions should be created from scratch based on the design criteria below. When creating artwork, please note that a registration ® must be incorporated with the design, consistent with below
- Products that are loosely affiliated with the U.S. Army but do not bear official marks may be restricted from assigning the following key words: US Army, U.S. Army, USARMY, and United States Army, if they are deemed violent, sexually explicit, or otherwise inappropriate. Zazzle reserves the right to delete any product bearing these key words for any reason.
- Products that are submitted with loose affiliations to the U.S. Army may or may not be approved. Please do not attempt to submit a product with no relevance to the U.S. Army. Zazzle reserves the right to delete any product that does not bear relevance to the U.S. Army for any reason.
- Once your product is approved within the U.S. Army FanMerch program, your product will become a part of the U.S. Army official Zazzle store and the Zazzle product ownership will revert to the U.S. Army. Sales outside of Zazzle are prohibited unless the creator holds a U.S. Army trademark license agreement.
- Registration marks are required when posting text or design fields that reference the U.S. Army ®
- When referencing U.S. Army ® : designers must include the ® registration after "Army", and you must include "." between "U" and "S" when using with the term "U.S. Army"
- As noted below, designs should not incorporate U.S. Army Unit, Rank, or other Insignia marks such as badges, branch plaques, decorations or medals.
Design Guidelines for U.S. Army FanMerch:
- Sales outside of Zazzle are prohibited unless the creator holds a U.S. Army trademark license agreement.
- The U.S. Army Gold Star Logo is the primary design element of the U.S. Army Licensing Program. Zazzle's designers may use this logo in their designs. The logo cannot be altered in any way (color, shape, etc.) and elements of the logo cannot be used separately:
- No use of the official U.S. Army Seal is permitted: this the official U.S. Army Seal - Note the wording "Department of the Army" "United States of America." The official seal is not available for commercial use and should never appear on a product. e.g.
- Below is the sample of the U.S. Army Symbol - Note the wording "United States" "Army" - The symbol is available for commercial use and Zazzle's designers may use these graphics in their designs.
- The eagle inside the U.S. Army Symbol cannot be removed from the circular device and used independently.
- Stand-off spacing for the U.S. Army Gold Star Logo and U.S. Army Symbol is required.
- Do not encroach the U.S. Army Gold Star Logo and U.S. Army Symbol with another image or design.
- Do not stretch or distort the U.S. Army Gold Star Logo and U.S. Army Symbol.
- Do not overlap different design elements.
- Do not add or subtract elements form the U.S. Army Logo and U.S. Army Symbol.
- Use approved U.S. Army Gold Star Logo and U.S. Army Symbol colors only.
- Do not incorporate other third-party trademarks into designs that contain U.S. Army trademarks, i.e. U.S. Army and Disney's Mickey Mouse.
- Emblems such as unit insignia and enlisted ranks are not approved for FanMerch use.
- The U.S. Army slogan "Army Strong ®," is no longer approved for FanMerch use
- No use of an artist's signature or URL (i.e., website address).
- No advertising of any businesses, products, or services of a third party
- No photography or images of recognizable soldiers for FanMerch.
- No profanity, vulgar language, graphically violent images, or hate language.
- No skull imagery.
- No blood imagery.
- No firearms or overt references to violence. Please only include silhouettes and images of weapons in good taste.
- No sexual innuendo, explicit sexual language, images, or graphics. For example, "I Love a Soldier who Knows How to Use His Rifle" are not permitted.
- No references to drugs, medication, or alcohol.
- No derogatory reference to race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, mental handicap, obesity, or physical impairment.
- No political party associations (e.g. Republican, Democratic).
All U.S. Army names, emblems, and logos are trademarks of the U.S. Army. By federal law, licensing fees pair to the U.S. Army for use of its trademarks provide support to the Army Trademark Licensing Program, and net licensing revenue is devoted to U.S. Army Morale, Welfare, and Recreation programs.