Via Crucis, Cloister, Monasterio de San Pedro el Viejo, Huesca, Spain The Old St Peter Monastery is located in the historic downtown of Huesca. The first Christian church was built by the Visigoths on the site of a Roman necropolis. This early building was the worship place for the Christians under the Muslim rule. Aragonese troops reconquered Huesca in 1096, then several new Christian churches were erected. They called the Visigoth church "the Old one". The old church was donated to the Benedictine order. They erected a new, Romanesque church.