I was born on a small city called Uruapan, in Mexico. Later moved to Guadalajara in order to begin college studies and got a degree as Integral Designer, which is a mix between Graphic and Industrial Design. Currently living in London, UK about to start a Masters in 3D Imagery.
Self taught in digital illustration and flash animation, I've been working for several animation & videogame studios, and as a teacher in a couple of universities, been published in books, magazines, won awards, blah, blah... take a look and judge yourself, images are louder than words :)
I began to draw when I was eight years old, started using computer at 13 and got my first wacom tablet at 19.
My first drawing style used to follow anime/manga trend, later I joined to a drawing website where I created two user accounts: one for myself, and other one for a character I created, just to see if I was able to create believable characters for my own stories without putting too much of myself on them, and was since this point were I gave my first try with the actual style I use.
I'm currently working developing an independent videogame, doing Design jobs and as an illustrator freelancer.
- Gouache Technique Illustration Workshop, by Benjamín Orozco (father and son). Don Vasco University (1998).
- International Design Day Conferences, by Javier Mariscal, Isaac Kerlow, Istvan Orosz, Mito Covarrubias, Felipe Taborda, Marta Granados, Gianni Bortolotti and Rolando Barahona. ITESO University (2002).
- Illustration Concept Workshop, by István Orosz. ITESO University (2002).
- International Poster Biennial in Mexico Conferences, by Piotr Kunce, Eduardo Téllez, Chaz Maviyane- Davis, José Luis Ortíz, Waldemar Swierzy, Tapiro Studio, Phil Risbeck, Pierre Neuman, and U.G Sato. Teatro de la Paz, SLP (2003).
- International Design Day Conferences, by Chaz Maviyane- Davis, Alessa Migani, Ronald Shakespeare and Z Publicidad. ITESO University (2005).
- Degree as Integral Designer, from ITESO University (2006)
Awards and Features:
- First place RoyalFlush Magazine, illustration celebrity portrait contest.
- First place Photoshop User Awards 2009, Illustration category.
- First place LogoContest for International Design Day 2005, at ITESO Univesity.
- Honorific mention in Creanimax 2006, Animation 2D with "Corbiculas" flash clip .
- Two Daily Deviations in DeviantArt.
- Featured in Ballistic Publishing's Exotique 2
- Featured in Kerrang! Magazine
- Featured in Cruce, ITESO University Newspaper
- Featured on ImagineFX Magazine
- Featured on CGWallpapers.com