Fight Illiteracy Bumper Sticker
In 2009, Pulitzer Prize-winning author Chris Hedges’ wrote a book entitled Empire of Illusion: The End of Literacy and the Triumph of Spectacle which described how America was tumbling toward oblivion due to it's debasement of reality. His investigation of rampant illiteracy is a huge part of his analysis.
The facts he describes are jaw-dropping:
1. There are 7 million completely illiterate Americans.
2. One third of the nation is functionally illiterate, with 27 million not having the comprehension skill to read a job application.
3. 30 Million Americans cannot read a simple sentence.
4. 50 million Americans can only read at a 4th to 5th grade level.
5. One third of American High School graduates never read another book the rest of their lives. (Let that sink in a moment.)
6. 42% of COLLEGE GRADUATES never read another book for the rest of their lives once they graduate.
7. In 2007, 87% of U.S. families did not buy or read a book.
So, who teaches all these people? Government of course. 90% of all people in America are taught by public schools. Public schools that cannot provide the instruction necessary for our population to sustain any similar level of living standards that they are used to.
Fight Illiteracy at its source, oppose government education!