Kawasan Wisata Pendidikan Lingkungan Hidup (KWPLH) means Environmental Education and Recreation Facility. Founded in 2005, KWPLH is located on the outskirts of Balikpapan, Indonesia. The facility combines environmentally friendly recreational features and interactive education exhibits.
Our goal is to increase environmental awareness by creating a facility to :
1. Embody environmental principles.
2. Provide environmental education to the local community and visitors.
3. Discourage the keeping of wildlife as pets and encourage responsible pet ownership.
4. Provide environmentally friendly recreational opportunities.
5. Promote appreciation of Balikpapan’s mascot, the Malayan Sun Bear.